A picture of all of the boxes and paper after unpacking the kitchen. This is just one corner. You should have seen all of the trash. It was out of control!
Lily cheering her big brother on at swim lessons.

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I'm sure I'm really only apologizing to the grandmothers and two friends that keep up with us via our blog : ) For those of you that weren't aware...we were relocated for Todd's job. Well, we are officially residents of Katy, TX. now. We made the move in the middle of June and have been busy ever since just trying to get everything ready with our house. We lived in corporate housing for a little over a month until our house was ready. We decided to add our own personal touch with new paint and carpet. We love our neighborhood! There are a lot of great parks and community pools/waterparks for the kiddos. Of course, we are still trying to adjust to the humidity here. At first I didn't see what the big deal was and why everyone always asked me what I thought of the humidity here. Okay...now I totally get it! It's like a sauna here. It can be so steamy at times!
The kids have adjusted a lot better than I thought they would. I think the first couple of weeks in the apartment were a little rough because we didn't have any of our furniture and only had a few toys. All the rest of our things were in storage. Now that we are in our house with our things they're doing great! We have a pool and they LOVE swimming in it. They are like little fish. They never want to get out and neither one of them have any fear of the water. It actually worries me because they don't know the risk involved. We had a new childproof fence installed around the pool as a precaution. Collin has taken swim lessons every day for the last 4 weeks straight. This week he will start going 2 times a week. I just want him to be familiar with the water and learn the proper way to swim just in case he ever managed to fall in. I'm going to sign Lily up as well when she is a little older.
I will try to provide more updates soon. I hope you are all enjoying your summer - what's left of it : )
No comments:
Post a Comment